Located within the Perry Courthouse Square Historic District, the First National Bank and Trust Company building was built in 1902. It stands on a lot at on the corner of 6th Street and Cedar Street (300 W. 6th St.).DescriptionThe two-story building is of the Italian Mannerist style, though described as having "a complete disregard for rigid architectural conventions." It was designed by Joseph Pierre Foucart, a prominent builder and architect of structures in Guthrie, Oklahoma, as well as the Williams Library (no longer existing) at Oklahoma State University. The building has been variously occupied by the Noble County Bank (1899 - 1903), The First National Bank and Trust Company of Perry (1903 - 1957), the First Union Life Insurance Company (1957 - 1975), and a dentist's office after 1975, on the first floor.The building footprint covers a rectangular plot size of 24feet by 90feet. It was constructed of pressed brick and sandstone, and was assessed in "excellent condition," at the time of the NRHP application. The building facade is decorated with white stone, wooden columns and towers.The ground floor has a horseshoe window of white stone, bordered by red brick, and a narrow door supported by wooden columns. The right side has five more windows, a bay window and a plain door. The upper story has two double windows on the front and five more windows on the right side of the building.The building also has a basement, which housed the office and print shop of a German-language weekly newspaper, the Oklahoma Neuigkeiten, that was published from 1906 to 1925.The basement also contains a massive strong box that is no longer used.