The Fitzpatrick House is a historic residence in Lockport Township, Illinois near Lockport.HistoryPatrick Fitzpatrick immigrated from Canada in 1833-1834 and was one of Lockport's first settlers. Fitzpatrick purchased the 160acre lot shortly after he arrive and constructed a farm. He eventually increased the size of his farm to and became a prominent citizen. Irish immigrants flocked to the region in the mid to late 1830s during the construction of the Illinois and Michigan Canal. Fitzpatrick, who spent his childhood in Ireland, became an important figure in the local Irish community, having already reached a level of economic success before construction of the canal started. The limestone house was constructed along the Chicago–Ottawa stagecoach road, which later became Illinois Route 53.Fitzpatrick's heirs donated portions of the farmstead to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago, which was used for Lewis University. The last descendant of the Fitzpatrick family died in 1950. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984 and is currently used by Lewis University as an alumni affairs office.