|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Personalized non-medical assistance to TAMPA BAY’s seniors and their families in making educated healthcare transitions to meet long-term care needs.|
Florida's Choice Health Care (FCHC) recognizes, values, and respects the unique qualities of each aging person, evaluates their needs, and locates the best resources to maximize that person’s level of independence, while honoring individual wishes and values so that the most informed decision will be made.
FCHC enhances decision-making, choice, and affordable solutions, in determining and obtaining the type of care that is needed and can stay involved in order to coordinate care on a continuing basis, making adjustments as needed, and avoiding crises.
At FCHC, we are able to provide Care Management Services on a number of levels. We act as Advocates through our Care Coordination Services and can remain involved on an on-going basis through our Continuing Care Program. Whichever service is chosen, we document important information needed for optimal care and keep track of changes so that information is up-to-date and can be utilized on a continuing basis with physicians, facilities, or in an emergency.
Our Geriatric Care Managers will always go to our client to more accurately determine both immediate and long term needs.
Our experience and knowledge in evaluating a person’s needs and identifying resources that provide services for older adults will help you save time by not having to review lists, make unnecessary phone calls, or feel overwhelmed by not knowing where to look for what you need. Knowing and discussing these resources with us eases the decision-making process
Do any of these issues apply to you?
• Are you concerned about an elderly family member or friends healthy, safety, or living conditions?
• Are you attempting to care for a loved one in Tampa Bay from out of town?
• Are you seeking healthcare provider guidance, or a New Primary Care Physician in Tampa Bay, Florida?
• Are you in need of understanding all of the benefits your loved one qualifies for and is entitled to?
• Are you in need of assistance during your loved ones healthcare transition decision making process regarding Private or Clinical Home Health Nursing, Skilled Rehabilitation Services, Hospice, or residential placement in Independent or Assisted Living?
Call us today for a Free Consultation! (727) 288-1078
We offer affordable, 1-on-1, customized, and personalized non-medical assistance to seniors and their families in making educated healthcare transition choices to meet long term care needs in the aging process.
Our services are completely customizable and vary from client to client. There is no minimum or maximum amount of time we provide, and we work with families, guardians and care facilities to make sure we meet our clients' needs.
We assist seniors and families with the best healthcare resources in Tampa Bay to better educate loved ones with options in care transitions.
…Understanding your choices in the health care transition process allows for less stress and confusion for the client as well as the family and has proven to have better outcomes for the health of the client.
Michael Roberts is an Advanced Certified Care Manager (CMC) – Certified from the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM) and is experienced and educated in various fields of human healthcare services, social work, case management, gerontology, and trained as a healthcare advocate to assess, plan, coordinate, monitor and provide services for the elderly and their families. Michael’s priority as a Care Manager is to attain the highest quality of life for
• Assess the level and type of care needed and develop a care plan
• Take steps to start the care plan and keep it functioning
• Make sure care is received in a safe and disability friendly environment
• Resolve family conflicts and other family issues relating to long term care
• Become an advocate for the care recipient and the family caregiver
• Manage care for a loved one for out-of-town families
• Conduct ongoing assessments to monitor and implement changes in care
• Oversee and direct care provided at home
• Coordinate the efforts of key support systems
• Provide personal counseling
• Help with Medicaid qualification and application
• Arrange for services of legal and financial advisors
• Manage a conservatorship for a care recipient
• Provide assistance with placement in assisted living facilities or nursing homes
• Monitor the care of a family member in a nursing home or in assisted living
• Assist with the monitoring of medications
• Find appropriate solutions to avoid a crisis
• Coordinate medical appointments and medical information
• Provide transportation to medical appointments
• Assist families in positive decision making
• Develop long range plans for older loved ones not now needing care