|Work hours||Add information|
|About||FOOD INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA (FIM)|
PHILOSOPHY OF FOOD INSTITUTE of MALAYSIA
The academic faculty, the staff and the administration are committed in developing students enrolled in Food Institute of Malaysia (FIM) and to produce professionals who are able to perform their chosen roles effectively in the foodservice industry. At FIM the faculty dedicated to using state-of-the art technology to impart knowledge to students in a realistic working environment.
Quality education is delivered in a friendly and caring atmosphere. Training is hands-on, supported by well-researched and thoughtfully developed-teaching materials. Our aspiration is to be the best FOOD institute and to achieve this, we strive towards continuous improvement through benchmarking against others locally and abroad.
OBJECTIVES OF FOOD INSTITUTE of MALAYSIA
- To develop professionals for the restaurant and foodservice industry locally and abroad.
- To complement operations skills training which will ensure that all students will provide the best service in their future working environment.
- To offer management development and training programmes to upgrade the capabilities of managers and supervisors in the restaurant and foodservice industry.
- To offer relevant certificate, diploma and degree courses in the restaurant and foodservice industry on a twinning basis with external educational institutions.
|Description||The academic faculty, the staff and the administration are committed in developing students enrolled at F.I.M into professionals who are able to perform their roles effectively in the foodservice industry.F.I.M uses state-of-art technology to impart knowledge to students in a realistic and conducive working environment.At F.I.M, quality education is delivered in a friendly and caring atmosphere. Training is hands-on, supported by well-researched and thoughtfully developed teaching materials. Our inspiration is to be the best FOOD INSTITUTE and to achieve this, we strive towards continuous improvements through benchmarking against others locally and abroad.|
TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE FIM
1. Attention. Small Class sizes, allow for more individual attention, which is necessary in a hands-on learning environment.
2. Practical Training. All programmes include a practical structured externship relating to their programme of study. Students in the culinary training program receive competency-based Training in an array of culinary proficiencies.
3. Operations. FIM owns one Restaurants, Bouquet Garni, that is part of the curriculum where students have the opportunity to learn every aspect of restaurant operations and ownership.
4. MQA accredited programmes. The standards set by the MQA assure graduates that the curriculum has been guided by a national organization of professional chefs, chef-educators and lecturers.
5. Technique. Any culinary institute, college or school can tell you about a particular technique or recipe. At FIM, students learn by doing. From your very first day as a culinary student until you graduate, you’ll spend plenty of time learning to be a culinary professional in our kitchens.
6. Professional. The most essential thing a food institute can teach their students is solid, professional cooking technique. FIM teaches all the how’s and why’s of professional food preparation techniques.
7. Career. The goal is to graduate from culinary college or institute and start a career doing something you love. FIM helps students find the right job to start their culinary career—not just any job.
8. Affordable. If you are passionate about cooking, attending culinary institute is the best investment and FIM is an affordable option. With financial aid available to those who qualify, your culinary education is within reach.
9. Competitions. International study and culinary competition opportunities.
10. Credentials. Students can graduate with demonstrated skills in an array of culinary proficiencies and receive the prestigious FIM Diplomas.