|Work hours||Add information|
|Mission||To be the recognized voice of dentistry for our district by pursuing ethical and valuable causes which serve and educate our members and the public.|
The Fort Worth District Dental Society was organized in May 1921 as "The Fort Worth Dental Society." The Fort Worth District Dental Society became aligned with the Texas Dental Association in 1925. The first President was Dr. Jack Hearne and the first Secretary was Dr. Jack Stringfellow. Eighteen (18) charter members formed the FWDDS.
By May of 1925, membership had grown to 46 and meetings were held monthly except during July, August, and September.
The first issue of the society's newsletter, the "Twelfth Night" was published in 1959
The first executive secretary, Ms. Plemons, was hired in 1960 at a salary of $100 monthly. Board meetings were held in the President's office.
The Fort Worth District Dental Society has grown to over 700 active members and is the largest society in the TDA Northwest Division. Ms. Cindy Hood is the Executive Director and she continues a lineage as her father and grandfather were FWDDS dentists.
Society members have continued with the original mission of the organization - serving the profession and the public.
Distinguished Service Award:
The "Distinguished Service Award" is given annually to a 12th District dentist who has served the society.
Outstanding Service to the Profession Award:
"Outstanding Service to the Profession" This award is given to someone (not necessarily to a dentist) who has served the profession.