The Fraser Mansion is a building at 1701 20th Street NW, at the intersection of Connecticut Avenue, 20th Street, and R Street in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Since its construction in 1890, the mansion has served as a private residence, a restaurant, a boarding house, and most recently as home to the Founding Church of Scientology. The building is currently the location of Scientology's National Affairs office.The mansion was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.Design, construction, and early useThe mansion was designed by the architectural firm of Hornblower and Marshall in an early eclectic beaux arts style to serve as the home of New York merchant George S. Fraser. The building is three stories tall with two basement levels and an attic. It is constructed of red brick and pink granite with a colonnaded entrance porch with balustraded deck, and a tiled, hipped roof. The interior was planned around a central open stair, with large, central halls on each floor. It was constructed in 1890 at a cost of $75,000, more than ten times the cost of a typical Washington home at that time.