|Work hours||Add information|
|About||A Down Syndrome support group that provides education, events, and a place where all Down Syndrome individuals and their families can come together. FDSWF promotes the value, acceptance, and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.|
The Mission of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Down Syndrome West Florida is to provide all encompassing educational and support services to families who have been impacted by Down Syndrome; while promoting complete community integration of those impacted by Down Syndrome.
Non-Discrimination Policy and Statement of Ethics.
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. DOWN SYNDROME WEST FLORIDA maintains a spirit and practice of inclusiveness, and seeks staff, board members, and affiliated consultants who enrich our organization through a diversity of experience, skills, cultures, and backgrounds. Our organization has a policy of equal opportunity for our staff and board and does not discriminate in hiring, retention, promotion, board recruitment, partnerships, and communities served.
It is the policy and commitment of F.R.I.E.N.D.S DOWN SYNDROME WEST FLORIDA that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion or sexual orientation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. DOWN SYNDROME WEST FLORIDA is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on a count of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law.
Any employee, board member, volunteer or client who believes that s/he or any other affiliate of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. DOWN SYNDROME WEST FLORIDA has been discriminated against and is strongly encouraged to report this concern promptly to the executive director or any board member.
Harassment or intimidation of a client, staff person or guest because of that person’s race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion or sexual orientation is specifically prohibited and may be grounds for termination. Harassment and intimidation includes, abusive, foul or threatening language o
FRIENDS DOWN SYNDROME WEST FLORIDA (FDSWF) is a 501C3, Non-profit, Private operating foundation established in 2006 as FRIENDS SUPPORT, INC.
FDSWF Mission is to provide all encompassing educational and support services to families who have been impacted by Down Syndrome; while promoting complete community integration. Proudly serving all of West Florida counties.
Your donations help us continue our current programs and to develop and launch new programs. Such as:
• PARENT SUPPORT: Free FRIENDS Parent Packets are distributed to St. Joseph’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Children’s, South Florida Hospital, Brandon Hospital, Tampa General Hospital, Florida Hospital, Florida Hospital North, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel, Mease Countryside Hospital, and All Children’s Hospital. The packets are provided in English and Spanish.
FDSWF Parent Liaison program offers free FDSWF Parent Packets” with resource materials for parents receiving a diagnosis of Down syndrome. Each packet comes with the book “Babies with Down Syndrome, A New Parents Guide”.
If you would like to receive a parent packet send your request to email@example.com
• PARENT LIASION PROGRAM: Free Parent Liaison Program-provides Peer to Peer visits to new & expectant families, provided in English and Spanish.
• EDUCATION: Free IEP Advocate training workshops, Financial & Guardianship Advocacy Workshops; Free Down Syndrome books and brochures.
• SCHOLARSHIPS: Funds are provided to members to help offset the costs of recreational and educational programs. Funds are provided for families so they may attend special needs conferences.
• RESOURCE GROUPS: We understand that a strong support system can make a great impact in the lives of parents raising a special needs child. We provide connection and support through our monthly Playgroups and Social Clubs.
Baby Friends Playgroups for our birth-5yr olds meet monthly at We Rock the Spectrum in Hillsborough and Pinellas coun