|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Memorial Park provides a gathering place for our spread-out, rural township. It helps build community!|
Lebanon Township Memorial Park
· Official park groundbreaking was held on April 4, 1998.
· As of August 2007, over $1 million worth of improvements have been
completed at Memorial Park.
· All park development has been completed at NO COST to Lebanon Twp.
taxpayers – all developments have been accomplished through fundraising
and donations of money, labor, and materials.
· The labor and materials donated by the V.A. Spatz family exceeds over
half a million dollars.
· Our current park amenities include: a pavilion, volleyball and horseshoe
pits, a children’s playground, a regulation softball field with electronic
scoreboard, a walking path, a 9/11 memorial, twin basketball courts, a
restroom/concession facility, and an athletic field (with more to come!).
· Our 9/11 memorial contains the largest piece of steel taken from the WTC
site and honors township resident Richard Cudina.
· Building the park has required over 6200 tons of stone materials, 450
cubic yards of concrete and moving 65,000 cubic yards of dirt.
· Our pavilion is booked solid from April through October and hosts
wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate events, family and high
school reunions, sweet sixteen parties, and preschool graduations, just to
name a few.
· The park hosts many fun family and community events like Day in the
Park, car shows, picnics, tailgates, movies, dances, high school and
recreational sporting events, and more.
· Memorial Park provides a gathering place for our spread-out, rural
township. It helps build community!
· Planned and developed park and recreational facilities like Memorial Park
help enhance the property values in Lebanon Township!