|About||The Dahlkemper School of Business serves as a center of business entrepreneurship & innovation to provide an excellent education in all areas of business.|
Our mission is to serve as a center of business entrepreneurship and innovation, to provide an excellent education in all areas of business from a values-centered and global perspective and to develop leaders to transform the world of business.
Our vision is to become a leading school of business thought, practice and action by developing a reputation for preparing business leaders to transform business and make the world a better place to work and live.
CORE VALUES OF THE DAHLKEMPER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (DSB)
• The DSB provides and promotes excellence in teaching, scholarship and service.
• The DSB provides values-centered learning experiences and promotes and recognizes ethical and socially responsible behavior in business.
• The DSB promotes, practices and recognizes leadership in business.
• The DSB promotes, practices and rewards entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity in business.
• The DSB promotes the lifelong pursuit of knowledge and understanding by both the faculty and students through continued learning and development.
• The DSB recognizes a strong relationship with the community that recognizes our mutual interests.
DAHLKEMPER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS HONOR CODE
Inspired by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, the faculty and students of the Dahlkemper School of Business at Gannon University are dedicated to the promotion of ethical, legal, socially responsible and professional behavior. They believe in engaging at all time with honesty, integrity, respect, trustworthiness and superior work ethics.
Differentiating Characteristics of the Gannon University-Dahlkemper School of Business
1. At Gannon University we offer a unique combination of a School of Business, a Small Business Development Center and a Technology Incubator (ETI) all under one roof. Our students have the opportunity to work with real life entrepreneurs through the SBDC and the ETI in starting and expanding their businesses. The school is designed to look and operate like a corporate headquarters with a focus on meeting and satisfying the needs of our students and the business community.
• SBDC guides and assists entrepreneurs in promoting growth, innovation, increased productivity and management improvement.
• If the business has a technology component, the ETI can offer the needed office space, mentoring, technological and management support for that business to become and remain successful.
• For example, Gannon University currently has 2 student led and 2 faculty led legitimate businesses working with the assistance of the Erie Technology Incubator and the Small Business Development Center. This collaboration allows our students and faculty to put into practice the knowledge/skills learned and taught in the classroom in a real time, real world business.
2. Students are learning in a new, state-of-the-art learning facility. We offer the most comprehensive and up to date technology available in our Business Information Systems Laboratory including the SAP® global software.
3. The School of Business has a high
percentage of faculty who are doctorally qualified, many with real world business experience. Our faculty prides itself on being student focused.
4. Our students have opportunities for domestic and international internships, travel and study as a result of the relationships our School of Business has developed with universities in other countries, i.e. Germany, Poland and China.
5. We are fully accredited by ACBSP (Accr
Accreditation Council for Business School and Programs.
Council for Higher Education Accreditation
The Dahlkemper School of Business offer a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in the following fields:
• Business Administration
• Healthcare Management
• International Management
• Risk Management and Insurance
• Sport Management and Marketing
• Supply Chain Management