George T. Lewis Airport is a county-owned public-use airport in Levy County, Florida, United States. It is located one nautical mile (1.85 km) west of the central business district of Cedar Key. It was opened in 1936 by the United States military, and it does not have a control tower.HistoryFormerly used as an air/sea rescue base during and after World War II, the facility was deeded to Levy County. It serves as a basic utility itinerant airport in Levy County for the resort and recreation activities of the City of Cedar Key. Its service area includes Cedar Key and the small communities of Rosewood, Sumner and Vista. It is one of two public airports in the county, the other being Williston Municipal Airport in Williston. It is located approximately 52mi southwest of Gainesville Regional Airport and 43mi west of Ocala International Airport-Jim Taylor Field.