|Work hours||Add information|
Sunday Services at 11:00 a.m.
+ Holy Eucharist: 2nd, 4th, & 5th Sundays and Festival Days
+ Morning Prayer: 1st & 3rd Sundays
The sanctuary is always open for prayer and meditation
|Mission||"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles." (Acts 2:42-43)|
Good Shepherd is a classic turn of the 19th century "little country church on a hill". Founded in 1910 in the village of Pine Grove on the outskirts of Bluemont, Good Shepherd has served the people of both Loudoun and Clarke Counties for over a century.
The sanctuary is graced with five lovely stained glass windows, given to the glory of God in memory of our founding families. The acoustics in the small sanctuary are astounding, and with our most talented music director on piano, her husband on violin, and various parishioners joining in with other instruments on occasion, we make a joyful noise to the Lord every Sunday morning, interspersing traditional and praise songs from The Hymnal, Lift Every Voice And Sing (LEVAS), and Wonder, Love, and Praise (WLP).
We enjoy hearty refreshments together after Holy Eucharist services. And our lay-led Morning Prayer services provide a venue for spiritual and leadership growth as many of our parishioners and guests offer homilies on those Sundays.
|Founded||Founded July 1910, Good Shepherd is a mission church of the Episcopal Diocese of Virgina.|