Great Plains SPCA is the Kansas City Metro's most unique and comprehensive animal welfare organization with campuses in Independence, MO and Merriam, KS.
To save, protect and improve the lives of animals, while strengthening the relationship between pets and their human companions.
Great Plains SPCA serves more than 35,000 needy pets every year - more than any other animal welfare agency in our community.
We provide twelve lifesaving programs, including:
- Lost Pet Reunions
- High-Volume, High-Quality Spay/Neuter
- Affordable Veterinary Care
- TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release)
- HERO (Humane Education and Resource Officer)
- SASSY (Saving Animals by Supportive Seniors and others Young at heart)
- Behavior and Training
- Legislative Issues
We have four locations:
- Veterinary Care Center, 5428 Antioch Drive, Merriam, KS, 66202
- Pet Adoption Center, 5424 Antioch Drive, Merriam, KS, 66202
- Independence Adoption & Intake Center, 21001 E. 78 Hwy, Independence, MO 64057
Pet Adoption, Veterinary Care, Pet Retail, Pet Supplies