SCHOOL LOCATION & TIMES:
Our Greek School is held on the church grounds in our halls.
Kinder- Grade 5: Saturdays 9am-1 pm
Grade 6- VCE: Mondays 5pm-8pm
PRINCIPAL: Niki Farfara
To provide teaching excellence in the Greek language, religion and culture for our local Greek community
1. COMMUNITY - Formalise the strategic and operational running of the School through our School structure and administrative accountability
2. REPUTATION - Maintain and build on the teaching quality and reputation of the school within the Greek orthodox community context
3. EXCELLENCE - Sustain and grow the good image of the school through continuous improvement in relation to our educational curriculum, teaching delivery and learning activities
4. COOPERATION- Display exemplary and consistent behaviors in line with our code of conduct when working with each other, students and parents
1. COMMUNITY- One of our main roles at St. Panteleimon Greek School, is to make students understand that they are part of a bigger community and to get them involved in that community. Students learn firsthand through teamwork and taking part in community events that anything can be achieved or maintained when everyone contributes.
2. PERSONAL BEST- We expect all students of our school to persist with their learning and do their very best. Students at St. Panteleimon learn to set personal goals, and to achieve them over time. We encourage our students to be persistent and patient with their learning, and we celebrate every achievement.
3. RESPECT- Good relationships and respect among all members of the school community are fundamental. We respect each other's differences and learn how to work cohesively as a team.
4. STUDENT VOICE- We encourage students of our school to be passionate about who they are, about the language they are learning, about their Greek culture and about their Greek School. Students are encouraged to be actively involved in improving their school, and are encouraged to undertake many student led initiatives throughout the year.
SCHOOL FEES 2018:
Kinder 3-4 year old ‘Ta Asterakia’ $350
Grade 1-6 $450
Year 7-VCE $480
3rd child in each family - half fee.
4th child in each family – no fee.
Please note: A 50% deposit for each child is payable on enrolment.
Students are provided with the relevant texts for the year along with notebooks and folder for handouts. Photocopied material is provided as required.
Students bring their own pens and pencils in a named pencil case. Parents are requested to buy a bilingual (Greek-English/English-Greek) dictionary for students who are in Years 4 to VCE.