|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Green Sangha brings spiritual practice and environmental activism together.|
Green Sangha is dedicated to restoring oneness – healing our communities and restoring the earth through mindful practice and awakened action.
Inspired, awake individuals with commitment to community service deeply affect everything and everyone they touch. With this in mind, we meet to: 1) raise awareness of the interdependence of humans and our environment; 2) inspire mindful actions in daily lifestyle choices; and 3) catalyze systemic change in business practices and government policies. We are dedicated to creating a healthy, just society and averting ecological collapse by creating a rapid shift from the destructive paradigm of extract-use-discard toward a restoration of sustainability in all economic practices.
Our overarching goals include:
1. Promoting the use of meditation for stress reduction, sustainable activism, and behavior change away from hyper-consumerism
2. Education to increase public understanding of the environmental impacts of daily choices, develop critical thinking, and build societal momentum towards green behavior and policy change
3. Replacement of wasteful products, processes, and packaging with sustainable materials, products designed for reuse, and an underlying aesthetic of conservation.
Specific objectives in our current campaigns:
1. Training community educators in mindful awareness, constructive communication, and skills of presentation
2. Making presentations in schools, churches, service club meetings, and other public venues to raise awareness of issues in Climate Protection, Zero Waste, and Water Conservation
3. Eliminating non-biodegradable, toxic packaging and products with safe, reusable, and compostable materials.
Green Sangha brings spiritual practice and environmental activism together. We embrace the ecological view of our inextricable connectedness with life systems all over the planet. We seek to raise awareness among all people, whatever their religious or spiritual outlook, of the impact of individual lifestyle and organizational policy decisions on our collective well-being.
As a grassroots organization, Green Sangha creates opportunities for individuals to come together to meditate, to educate and support one another, and to perform direct environmental action.
|Founded||Jonathan Gustin, MFT|