|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Growing Connections; a Community Project linking people to the place where they live, to keep them vibrant|
Growing Connections is a Big Lottery funded project to promote and improve social cohesion, well-being and environmental awareness among the community.
Growing Connections is based at St. Luke’s Community Centre, in south Islington, London.
Growing Connections is about:
- Getting outside and gardening together
- Learning how to grow plants for food, wildlife and beauty
- Increasing the number of growing spaces in the neighbourhood, and the number of people using and enjoying them
- Sharing knowledge on how to cook healthy and delicious food and all eating it together
- Learning how to use plants to promote health and creativity
- Improving the biodiversity of our green spaces and keeping them beautiful, for everyone to enjoy
- Bringing everybody in the community together to have fun
- Introducing people to beautiful green spaces in and around London
We run lots of regular activities as well as one-off events such as trips to interesting places. Our activities are open to everyone and free of charge. We are also looking for volunteers to help us in many different ways.
Please do get in touch if you are interested in discovering more! We would love to hear from you and for you to get involved.
You can find us at
St. Luke's Community Centre
90 Central Street,
London, EC1V 8AJ
(ask for Heather or Marco)
07951 039 113 – Marco
07983 508 076 or 020 7549 8197– Heather