The Grundy County Courthouse, located in Grundy Center, Iowa, United States, was built in 1891. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981 as a part of the County Courthouses in Iowa Thematic Resource. The courthouse is the second structure to house court functions and county administration.HistoryThe first courthouse in Grundy County was built in 1857, the year after the county was organized. Known as the Old Cheese Box, it was the only octagonal courthouse in the state. This facility served as the county courthouse for 40 years until the current courthouse replaced it in 1891. The Romanesque Revival structure was designed by Kramer & Zoll and constructed at a cost of $45,532.48.