|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Gruppo Italiano (GI) is the only non-profit association in North America dedicated to developing the success of Italian Restaurants, Distributors, Importers, and other Italian businesses and cultural organizations here in the United States.|
|Mission||Gruppo Italiano (GI) is dedicated to popularizing authentic Italian cuisine, Italian wines and Italian products, and enhancing its image in the United States through education, member restaurants and promotions. GI strives to provide a constant flow of information about Italian cuisine to member restaurants, US press, culinary schools, importers, distributors and general consumers with a serious interest in authentic Italian food.|
Gruppo Italiano (GI) was formed by Italian restaurateur and owner of Il Gattopardo Group, Gianfranco Sorrentino, as an evolution from the original Gruppo Ristoranti Italiani (GRI), which was established in 1979.
GI is dedicated to popularizing authentic Italian cuisine, Italian wines and Italian products, and enhancing its image in the United States through education, member restaurants and promotions. GI strives to provide a constant flow of information about Italian cuisine to member restaurants, US press, culinary schools, importers, distributors and general consumers with a serious interest in authentic Italian food.
ABOUT GIANFRANCO SORRENTINO (DIRECTOR)
Originally from Naples, Italy, owner Gianfranco Sorrentino carries over 30 years of experience in restaurant management, some of these include Quisitana Hotel in Capri, Dorchester Hotel in London, Four Seasons Hotel in Tokyo, Bice Restaurant in New York, Sette MoMA Restaurant at The Museum of Modern Art of New York, Union Bar and Grill in Great Barrington, MA, Mozzarella & Vino, and The Leopard at des Artistes, located in the New York landmark Hotel des Artistes.
Advertising, Networking and Communications
- Members are featured in “The GI Report” newsletter distributed 4 times/year to members, trade publications, food writers, industry contacts, and to prominent culinary and hospitality schools around the U.S.
- Companies are featured on the GI web site, www.gruppo-italiano.com- A detailed listing in the publication, “The GI Restaurant Directory”
- Included in outreach to both U.S. and Italian press
- Networking with GI member restaurants, Distributers and Importers, and associate educational member schools and educators
- Coming in 2017, a GI Member Summit meeting
- Opportunity throughout the year to present your product line through events and promotions to GI member restaurants
- Industry related announcements and information posted on the web site
- Opportunity to participate during the annual Vino e Cucina event; showcase your products at this consumer event held each year to support the GI Scholarship program
- An exclusive invitation to join fellow members and press on the annual GI culinary trip to Italy; GI partners each year with a different region to provide an experience filled with history, food, wine, and tours of various producers highlighting new products and techniques
Recruiting and Staffing Solutions
- Direct access provided by the GI Board to agencies throughout Italy who provide the opportunity to host Italian Cooks, Chefs, Managers, Sommeliers and FoH staff. this provides your establishment with a competitive edge to market feature products, highlighting these guest staff members and their contributions
- Online Job Postings/Resume Search feature coordinated by GI; this new feature will allow you to post your current staffing needs, and providing your company with exposure to thousands of qualified, trained culinary and restaurant staff