|About||Habitat for Humanity GTA is a non-profit housing organization that brings communities together to build homes with local families in need of safe, decent and affordable housing.|
Vision: A world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
Mission Statement: To mobilize volunteers and community partners to provide affordable housing and promote homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
• Housing for all: We believe that access to safe, decent and affordable housing is a basic human right that should be available to all.
• Human dignity: We believe in the worth and dignity of every human being. We respect the people we serve and those that help us in this effort and recognize them as our greatest resource.
• Partnership: We believe we can best achieve our mission through meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships with others.
• Faith in action: We believe that faith is lived through action. Building on our Christian foundation, we serve and work with people of all faiths and beliefs in a spirit of justice and compassion.
• Diversity and Inclusiveness: We believe there is a role for everyone committed to our vision, mission and values and we seek to enrich our organization through diversity.
Join us at out other social media sites:
Habitat for Humanity GTA is a non-profit housing organization working with communities to build homes for working, low-income families in need of safe, decent, affordable housing. By offering zero down payment, no-interest mortgages capped at 30 percent of a family’s income, Habitat for Humanity GTA offers families a hand up, empowering them to achieve stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership, so that they can build a better life. With the support of donors and volunteers, we build homes in Brampton, Caledon, Toronto, and York Region, serving two-thirds of the GTA. Since 1988, Habitat GTA has built more than 300 homes in partnership with families. Habitat GTA is one of more than 1,400 Habitat for Humanity affiliates worldwide sharing a common vision and purpose.
Habitat for Humanity GTA also operates 10 Habitat ReStore home improvement retail stores across the GTA, which sell donated, new and gently-used home furnishing and renovation materials at a fraction of the original price. ReStore proceeds directly support building Habitat homes. ReStore also helps the environment, by diverting thousands of tons of household materials from landfill.