Havelock Park is a multi-purpose stadium in Havelock Town, Colombo Sri Lanka. It is one of the oldest grounds in the country. The sporting complex is located in Havelock Town and is bordered by Havelock Road, Park Road and Isipathana Mawatha.Early historyHavelock Park was established in 1901 to honour Sir Sir Arthur Elibank Havelock (1844–1908), who was the 17th British Governor of Ceylon (1890–1895), by the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC). Havelock Park was originally 1.82ha in area but in 1905 the CMC purchased an additional 2.41ha for Rs 30,000. By 1907 Galle Face Green, Victoria Park (now known as Viharamahadevi Park) and the Havelock Town Park were adjudged as being the major "green lungs" of Colombo.SportsDuring the early decades of the 19th Century, Havelock Park became the home of several sporting clubs, although one, the Havelock Golf Club, shifted to Buller’s Road where the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall now stands. At the northern end of Havelock Park is the public area named after the national hero, Captain Duenuge Edward Henry Pedris, was executed by British officials for alleged incitement of racial riots in 1915, which were later proven false.