Headquarters House, also known as the Colonel Tebbetts place, is a historic house museum at 118 East Dickson Street in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Built in 1850, it saw action in the American Civil War, serving as a headquarters for both the Union and Confederacy. During the action at Fayetteville, the house was attacked by Confederate troops while serving as a Union outpost. The building was donated to the Washington County Historical Society as a museum in 1967 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.HistoryThe house was constructed by Judge Jonas Tebbetts and his wife in the Greek Revival architectural style. It was completed by 1853. Although northwest Arkansans had both Union and Confederate sympathies, Tebbetts became an outspoken supporter of the Union and was arrested in March 1862. Tebbetts was taken to Fort Smith by Rebel General Benjamin McCulloch, but was released upon his death in the Battle of Pea Ridge. He escaped to Fayetteville where he learned of a price on his head and fled to Missouri. He returned for his family later in the year, which was the last time the family inhabited the home. The Union took command of the house shortly after their departure.