|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Improving our community's health requires education, advocacy, and collaboration. We're here to make that happen.|
|Mission||To improve the physical, mental, and spiritual health of Hendricks County.|
In early 2010, community members, leaders, and organizations from the public and private sector came together to address local health issues in Hendricks County. From that, the Hendricks County Health Partnership was born.
The first project undertaken by the Partnership was the creation of the 2011 Hendricks County Community Health Assessment. Upon completion of the Community Health Assessment, the Partnership met to prioritize the health needs of the community, and in 2011, began meeting in work groups to address those priority areas.
Currently, the Partnership has work groups addressing four key priorities:
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (formerly Obesity)
- Tobacco Use
- Affordable Medical Care
- Mental Health
In April, the Partnership voted in its first Advisory Board presenting an array of agencies in Hendricks County:
- Dr. David Hadley, Hendricks County Health Officer
- Dr. John Sparzo, Hendricks Regional Health
- Cathy Stoll, IU Health West
- Sheriff Dave Galloway, Hendricks County Sheriff’s Department
- Brad DuBois, Plainfield Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Whitman, Avon Community Schools
- Larry Hesson, Hendricks County Council
- Tammi Jessup, Mental Health America of Hendricks County (Mental Health Workgroup Chair)
- Chelsy Winters, YMCA of Greater Indianapolis (Nutrition/Physical Activity Workgroup Chair)
- Michael McDonald, Tobacco Free Hendricks County (Tobacco Use Workgroup Chair)
- John Mollaun, Kingsway Community Care Center (Affordable Medical Care Workgroup Chair)
The Partnership meets quarterly (January, April, July, October) at the Hendricks County Government Center. Meetings are open to the public. To receive up-to-date information on upcoming meetings, events and activities, calls to action, and other opportunities, email Rachel Buckman at HendricksHealthPartnership@gmail.com or call (317) 745-9372 to be added to the Partnership’s mailing list.