Hickory Withe Presbyterian Church is a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, located at 2420 Donelson Drive, Hickory Withe, Tennessee. Two churches, Prosperity Presbyterian Church and Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church, merged in 1907 to form Hickory Withe Presbyterian Church.HistoryProsperity Presbyterian Church was located near Oakland, Tennessee (between Oakland and Arlington, Tennessee) in western Fayette County, Tennessee. It was named Prosperity because many of the charter members came from Prosperity, South Carolina. Prosperity was organized on the fourth Sunday in December, 1834 by 29 congregants. Later the congregation moved to the southeast corner of the intersection of State Route 196 and Donelson Drive. The Prosperity Church soon became a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in the United States.Also in 1834, a Cumberland Presbyterian Church was established in the Hickory Withe community called Mount Pleasant Church. This church was originally located on Ivy Road at the site of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery. The name was later changed to the Hickory Withe Cumberland Presbyterian Church, and it moved to the location on Donelson Drive, where the present day Hickory Withe Presbyterian Church is located.On May 10, 1907, the congregation of Hickory Withe Cumberland Presbyterian Church at Hickory Withe voted to dissolve and the membership was received into Prosperity Presbyterian Church. The Cumberland congregation had the larger church building and the Prosperity Presbyterian Church had a pastor, so the congregations united. The name of the church was changed to Hickory Withe Presbyterian Church.