|About||History Alive! is a tour guiding company owned by Jerseyman Marc Yates, aiming to show you Jersey's fabulous unique history in a new and captivating way.|
History Alive! aims to combine the traditional personal service of a tour guide, interaction with historic artefacts and up to date modern technology.
Our tours are the Rich Heritage Tour and mix the history and heritage of the Island with its stunning beauty.
Jersey’s history and heritage is simply outstanding and world-class! It could be said that in European history terms, Jersey has been at the centre for millennia, from when Neanderthals roamed the land between ice ages, right up to last 800 years or so, it found itself on a European frontline in the continent's military history. There are few places in the world which can boast the quality and quantity in such a small area!.
The tours of History Alive! and Jersey Military Tours, will include:
• Ancient Jersey. From Neanderthal man, through the Stone Age, Bronze and Iron Ages to the Dark Ages.
• Medieval Jersey. King John’s loss of Normandy and Jersey gains special status as it becomes the front line in the war with France which lasts on and off for 650 years. Battlefields tour.
• The Age of Artillery. As gunpowder and cannon emerge as the decisive force in battle, Jersey is occupied for the first time by the French. Re-captured, the English kings and queens are determined that it doesn’t happen again.
• The Battle of Jersey. Invasion, defeat of the French and 70 more years of military defence works as a result of that fright. Battlefield tour.
• Jersey and the German Occupation in WW2. Islanders lives were changed forever, as was the Island’s landscape. Historical and battlefield tours.
• 3000 years of Military History. From Iron Age forts to Iron Crosses (and German bunkers). Military history tour.
• NEW FOR 2017 - Evening sunset and moonlight photographic military history tours.
Guided tours will be in up to date luxury vehicles combined with exploring the sites on foot.
Marc Yates, a Jersey-man born and bred, has had a passion for the Island’s history since a young age, and after a legal career, i