|About||This is the official HMRC Facebook page. We post tips and information to help make your tax tasks easier. Monitored Monday - Friday 8am to 10pm, Saturday 8am to 10pm & Sunday 9am to 10pm|
The HMRC Facebook page offers information support and guidance to help make your tax tasks easier.
We aim to:
• post useful content that supports you in completing your tax affairs
• link to and share information to help you gain knowledge and confidence in using our online services
• answer questions about your general tax queries and resolve these through Facebook
• create a community that can share information with one another
We will not be able to:
• enter into online discussion about specific cases or an individual’s tax affairs
We encourage you to take part in our page and welcome your posts, questions and comments, however, we can only answer questions during the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. Saturday 8am to 4pm.
We do expect our users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them. We will remove in whole or in part posts that break the following rules:
• Please do not use another person’s identity.
• Your comments should be on topic and not include any swearing, nuisance and profanity.
• We do not tolerate bullying, intimidation, harassment and threats of other users, including our staff.
• No unauthorised commercial communications (spamming) is allowed.
• This page must not be used to do anything unlawful, malicious or discriminatory.
• You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these rules
Remember that you are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share.
Find out more about our social media policy: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/about/social-media-use