|About||Attic studio apartment and suites are designed as a residency center. Guests can choose between studio apartments with modern equipment, private kitchen and bathroom, or suites with private kitchen, bathroom and terrace.|
Close to Magdalenski Park and Drava River, the excellent location of Hostel Pekarna provides the right base to explore Maribor, the biggest city of the Region of Lower Styria.
Hostel Pekarna is part of the Cultural Centre Pekarna, a building complex that used to be a bakery, built at the turn of the century by the Austro-Hungarian army for the purpose of bread supply for the nearby barracks.
From the common sunny outdoor terrace, guests can enjoy the exclusive view of mountain landscape, Pohorje Mountain, whose ski slope hosts the women’s slalom and giant slalom races for the Alpine Skiing World Cup, known as “Zlata lisica” (Golden Fox). Maribor hosts also the two-week Festival Lent: every June hundreds of artistic, musical, theatrical events are offered.
With a young, dynamic and colourful atmosphere, the wholly renovated and modernly designed Hostel offers accommodation in seven 4-bed rooms with private bathrooms, hardwood floors, free Wi-Fi and air condition, located right across the wide corridor functioning as a space for socialising and relaxing, leading the way to the wooden terrace. Attic studio apartment and suites are designed as a residency center. Guests can choose between studio apartments with modern equipment, private kitchen and bathroom and LCD satellite TV, or suites with private kitchen, bathroom, LCD satellite TV and terrace.
Hostel Pekarna offers to all the guests:
- a wide living room, where in the mornings there is a rich breakfast,
- a cosy and comfy club room with books and sofas, used also for organising individual thematic meetings for pleasant evening hours,
- an on-site bar and vending machines with a wide selection of refreshing drinks and snacks,
- a fully equipped kitchen,
- free bike rental,
- free parking,
- DIY laundry service where you can wash and dry your clothes,
- two seminar rooms equipped with the latest AV technology can be booked for conference, lectures, as well as for cultural and youth activities.