|Work hours||Add information|
The Huairou Commission is an international coalition of grassroots women's organizations and their partners working to enhance women's community development practice, leadership capacity and collective political power on local, regional and global levels.
|Mission||Forging strategic partnerships to advance the capacity of grassroots women worldwide to strengthen and create sustainable communities.|
The majority of the Huairou Commission’s work takes place in four areas:
Land & Housing,
SDGs & Habitat III.
We empower grassroots women through a holistic, inclusive strategy
• Through our global advocacy work, we influence and change public policy processes
• We put women at the center of development by empowering them in public roles
• Grassroots women leaders use our tools and training to empower other women in local communities
• We support locally-led initiatives to achieve inclusive and equitable development for all
• We build constituencies and networks between grassroots women and authorities