|Work hours||Add information|
The IAB Tech Lab is a nonprofit research/development consortium charged with helping companies implement global industry technical standards/solutions
The goal of the IAB Tech Lab is to reduce friction associated with the digital advertising and marketing supply chain while contributing to the safe growth of the industry. The IAB Tech Lab spearheads the development of innovative and scalable technical standards, creates and maintains a code library to assist in rapid, cost-effective implementation of IAB standards, and establishes test platforms for companies to evaluate the compatibility of their technology solutions with IAB standards, which for almost 20 years have been the foundation for interoperability and profitable growth in the digital advertising supply chain.
The inaugural agenda and project commitments include:
- Create a comprehensive code bank to assist in simplifying and reducing the costs associated with implementation of IAB standards
- Collaborate with the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) in the creation of new AdChoices programs in digital video and mobile to strengthen consumer privacy options across the interactive landscape
- Advance tools and protocols in alliance with the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG)
- Develop an IAB Standards Certification program to reduce friction with the interpretation of technical protocols
- Produce updated specifications for VAST (Digital Video Ad Serving Template), VPAID (Digital Video Player Ad Interface Definition) and MRAID (Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definitions) that will allow for seamless use of all three in delivering digital video advertising cross platform
The IAB Technology Laboratory is an independent, international, nonprofit research and development consortium charged with producing and helping companies implement global industry technical standards. Comprised of digital publishers and ad technology firms, as well as marketers, agencies, and other companies with interests in the interactive marketing arena, the IAB Tech Lab’s goal is to reduce friction associated with the digital advertising and marketing supply chain, while contributing to the safe and secure growth of the industry. The organization’s founding member companies include AppNexus, Google, Hearst Magazines Digital Media, PubMatic, Tremor Video, Yahoo, and Yahoo! JAPAN. Established in 2014, the IAB Tech Lab is headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco.