Immaculate Conception Catholic Church is a historic Catholic parish located at 1315 8th Street NW in Washington, D.C.. The church, school, rectory, and convent were placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.The cornerstone of the original church, located on a lot near the corner of 8th and N Streets, Northwest took place on October 30, 1864. Martin John Spalding, Archbishop of Baltimore, dedicated the new church on July 2, 1865, the Feast of the Visitation (Christianity). The parish rapidly outgrew this structure, however, and on November 13, 1870 the cornerstone for the present Gothic Revival church was laid, with construction commencing the following year. It was dedicated in 1874, at which time the old structure became the parish and school hall. The church was refurbished in 1939 and 1962–3.