|About||To ensure migrant children have access to equal opportunities for success and serve as outreach facilitator to the migrant communities of Northern Indiana.|
The Migrant Regional Service Center will:
• Collaborate with the Indiana Department of Education Office of Migrant Education Programs in order to identify and serve 100% of migrant students in Region 1.
• Help migratory children overcome educational disruption, various health-related problems, and other factors that inhibit the ability of such children to do well in school and make a successful transition to postsecondary education or employment.
• Serve as an example of excellence in outreach and guidance provided by SBCSC to its partner school districts.
|Description||In order to contribute to the growth of a responsible society that provides quality education to all migrant students, the Bilingual Services Department Migrant Regional Service Center of the South Bend Community School Corporation works to ensure migrant children have access to equal opportunities for success and serves as the catalyst for the Corporation’s outreach to the migrant communities of Northern Indiana.|
Services Offered to Migrant Students:
• Summer School Programs
• Year-Round Support
• Tutoring During and After School
• Individualized Programs
• High School Credit Accrual
• College Visits
• Career and Technical Education
• Online Reading Program
• School Supplies
• Health Care
• Home Visits
• Parental Support & Guidance
• Referrals to Other Agencies