INHOPE is an active and collaborative network of 51 hotlines in 45 countries worldwide, committed to stamping out child sexual abuse from the Internet.
To support and enhance the performance of Internet Hotlines around the World; ensuring swift action is taken in responding to reports of illegal content making the internet a safer place.
INHOPE was founded in 1999 and has grown to a network of 51 Hotlines in 45 countries across the globe.
INHOPE comprises the INHOPE Association and the INHOPE Foundation www.inhopefoundation.org, a charity aimed at helping develop new hotlines worldwide.
The INHOPE Association coordinates a network of Internet Hotlines all over the world co-funded and supported by the European Commission Safer Internet Programme. In recent years Internet usage & connectivity have grown rapidly. It has changed the way we communicate, the way we do business and ultimately the way we live. Sadly there are those who use this technology for illegal activities especially spreading Child Sexual Abuse Material.
Mission : To support and enhance the performance of Internet Hotlines around the World; ensuring swift action is taken in responding to reports of illegal content making the internet a safer place.
To achieve this mission, INHOPE has specific objectives:
* Establish policies and best practice standards for hotlines and encourage exchange of expertise among members through fostering good working relationships and trust.
* Ensure rapid and effective response to illegal content reports around the world by developing consistent, effective and secure mechanisms for exchanging reports between Hotlines internationally and ensuring a coordinated approach is taken.
* Expand the network of INHOPE Hotlines around the world by identifying and supporting new Hotlines to become members by providing consultation and training to meet best practice standards.
* Promote a better understanding of the work of hotlines to policymakers at an international level, including government, law enforcement and other related bodies, with the aim of achieving better co-operation internationally.
* Raise awareness of INHOPE and member hotlines with key stakeholders as well as the general public as a "one stop shop" for global reports of illegal content from around the world especially Child Sexual Abuse Materi
The INHOPE Mobile App is free to download and available on Windows Phone, the App Store, Android and Blackberry.