|About||The Institute for Democracy “Societas Civilis” Skopje (IDSCS) is a non-governmental think tank organization dedicated to democratization of Macedonia.|
- To assist in the establishment of the democratic institutions in the Republic of Macedonia, in the modernization of the democratic processes and in the development of the democratic awareness and political culture,
- To contribute towards promotion and strengthening of the liberal and social idea in the Republic of Macedonia
- To improve the awareness for the necessity of existence of democratic, economically efficient and solidary society and rule of law;
The Institute for Democracy “Societas Civilis” Skopje (IDSCS) is a non-government, non-partisan, non-profit organisation. Its goal is to work on the improvement of the democratic processes in the Republic of Macedonia and on the development of the political culture of the citizens, mostly through implementation of scientific and research projects, through organising lectures, debates and conferences as well as through its publishing work.
The Institute is dedicated to the research and analysis of the Macedonian society and the situation in the region, as well as to the public promotion and advocacy of opinions and recommendations, which we formulate on the basis of our research results. This kind of approach allows us to have a realistic insight into the characteristics and the scope of the current social and political situation. Thus, we are a think-tank and action-tank institution, i.e. we are focused on both scientific research and policy-making. In its work, IDSCS establishes teams of experts, facilitates and coordinates their work in the search for optimal solutions to various social and political problems.
"Political Thought" is a quarterly topical magazine dealing with socio-political themes. It is published by IDSCS in cooperation with the German foundation Konrad Adenauer. The first issue was published in March 2003.
* Multicultural citizenship by Will Kymlicka, 2004
* Globalization by Malcolm Walters, 2003
* The third way by Anthony Giddens, 2002
*Beyond postmodern politics by Honey Heyburn, 2002
1/2005, Decentralization in Republic of Macedonia-The last step across the ambos,
1/2004, NATO-perception in Macedonia 2000-2004