|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The Institute for the Handicapped and Backward People is a socially responsible organisation, have to involve in many social projects in the state of West Bengal in India.|
1. Foster friendship, understanding and mutual assistance among its members.
2. Promote the welfare, education, training, rehabilitation, employment and other interests of its members.
3. Enhance educational opportunities through bursaries, scholarships, grants, subsidies and exchange programs.
4. Obtain necessary benefits and concessions for people with disabilities.
5. Raise funds from the public and to administer donations, gifts or bequests from any person, body or organisation to promote the independence and quality of life of members.
6. Create among the community and government an awareness of the special needs of people with disabilities and solicit their cooperation and assistance in furtherance of the objectives of the Association.
|Description||The Institute for the Handicapped and Backward People is a socially responsible organisation, have to involve in many social projects in the state of West Bengal in India.Operating some Non-formal, Special School for hearing Impaired, Mentally challenge and Cerebral Palsy children age group 0-18 since the year 2001 for education with various therapeutic activities through regular classes and integrating our students with special needs into mainstream schools. Run some vocational training centers and workshop at the center viz. computer, tailoring etc, where women, parents are also trained along with Persons with Disabilities since the year 2001. Have a Unit for employment and rehabilitation of the poor women with disabilities. Institute for the Handicapped and Backward People also provided Community Based Rehabilitation service to severely disabled people at the rural area, there goes to our Itinerant teacher and given delivery service at the door of disabled people. Mainly we are working in the field of education and their rehabilitation oriented.|
|Founded||In the year 2000|