|Work hours||Add information|
|About||International Committee of the Red Cross: On the ground in over 80 countries, providing humanitarian aid to victims of conflict and violence.|
We're an impartial, neutral and independent organization that works to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening the rules of war and universal humanitarian principles.
Established in 1863 by Henry Dunant, the ICRC is also the guardian of the Geneva Conventions.
We welcome you to join in and share your voice in our community. While we value honesty and different perspectives, we reserve the right to delete and/or report comments that contain:
* Offensive statements against a culture, race, religion or gender
* Abusive language, anger, hate, violence or pornography
* Personal information, such as names, addresses or phone numbers
* Disparaging or threatening comments about the ICRC and our staff
* Third party marketing, including links to third party websites
Note: due to a large number of comments and questions here on the page, it might take time before one of our page managers can get back to you. Many thanks for your patience.
|Awards||The ICRC has won the Nobel Prize three times: in 1917 and 1944, as a tribute to its humanitarian activities during the two World Wars, and again in 1963 on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.|