|Work hours||Add information|
Secretary-General: Mr Jöran Jermer
Through worldwide cooperation, IRG:
- Facilitates contacts between specialists working on the complex problems of wood protection and durability.
- Supports financially a permanent Secretariat based in Stockholm, which aims to provide supportive services to members, sponsors and new interested parties.
- Issues more than one hundred documents every year providing members and sponsors with invaluable information.
- Arranges, with the help of local organizing Committees, annual conferences and regional meetings with active workshops to discuss and disseminate significant research progress.
- Provides help and encouragement for scientists in developing countries to enable contributions to their research activities and to attend conferences.
- Facilitates the participation of able young scientists in the collaborative research of its Working Parties by means of the Ron Cockcroft Award scheme.
- Works continuously as a forum for discussion and dissemination of research results. This strategy, unique around the world, avoids duplication of research work and therefore saves time, effort and money.
- Stimulates progress and quality. IRG members and sponsors are proud of their status and strive continuously towards excellence.
- Provides cost-benefits: the annual conferences and the regional meetings provide powerful opportunities for making business contacts whilst keeping aware of the very latest information in this field.
Postal Address: IRG Secretariat, Box 5609 SE-114 86 Stockholm
|Founded||25 June 1969|
Proceedings IRG Annual Meeting