|Work hours||Add information|
|About||The Iraqi Institute for Economic Reform (IIER) is an independent research institute based in Baghdad|
|Mission||As an independent, non-partisan research institute based in Baghdad, our mission is to assist Iraq in its transition to a modern market economy by promoting reform based on sound research and case studies. Among our goals, we seek to structure a system of formal property rights, and to assist in the development of an effective civil society by promoting vigorous public debate among stakeholders about the future of Iraq.|
- Monthly workshop discussion on issues related to Iraq's economic development: Government officials and speciallists are invited to present policy papers on issues such as inflation and monetary policy, the Oil & Gas Law, and federalism.
- Professional specialist training for government officials on issues including reconciliation, conflict management, project management, accounting, and strategic decision making.
- Weekly television program on Al-Iraqiyya covering a variety of economic issues.
- Al-Rafidain Awards: Annual ceremony in recognition of excellence in the field of economic reform.
- National essay writing competition to encourage students and young professionals to develop sound research on economic reform.
- IIER has also organized several seminars and workshops for members of iraq's House of Representatives, member of Provincial Councils, senior Iraqi Government officials, member of the Kurdish Parliament, and non-governmental organisations.