James Russell Lowell School is a historic elementary school located in the Olney neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is part of the School District of Philadelphia. The building was designed by Henry deCourcy Richards and built in 1913–1914. It is a three-story, five bay reinforced concrete building with brick facing and granite and terra cotta trim in a Classical Revival-style. It features decorative panels and a center entrance topped by an entabulature. The school was named for American Romantic poet, critic, editor, and diplomat James Russell Lowell (1819-1891).The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.