The Joseph Fuller House is a historic late First Period house located at 161 Essex Street in Middleton, Massachusetts.Description and historyThe oldest part of the house was built sometime before 1720 by Joseph Fuller, and consisted of two stories, each containing two rooms, with a central chimney. Later in the 18th century a leanto section was added, giving the house a saltbox appearance. This addition included a "Beverly jog", an extension of the leanto to the left side providing shelter for an entrance there. In about 1800, a gabled front entry was added to the symmetrical front facade. Most of the interior decoration also dates to about 1800.The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 9, 1990.