|About||Welcome to the Kearney Public Library Facebook page!|
The Kearney Public Library is a department of the City of Kearney.
The Kearney Public Library exists to provide equal access to ideas, and to promote the enjoyment of reading and the pursuit of lifelong learning. This is accomplished by making available to the public a varied collection of books, audiovisual materials, programs, technology and other resources. The Library believes in the freedom to read, to learn, to discover.
The Library, at just under 50,000 sq. ft., has something for everyone, including study rooms, a technology learning center lab, meeting rooms, a teen room, a story hour room, a coffee bar, and so much more!
The entrances to the Library are the same entrances the community has been using for years, located on the east and west sides of the north portion of the building. Also, note that the book drops are located on the west side of the building just beyond the entrance.
MODERATION OF THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This agency social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed (if possible) when the content
• is off-subject or out of context
• contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
• contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
• contains offensive terms that target protected classes
• is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
• incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
• contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
• advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
• promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW
Agency social media sites are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to agency business, including communication posted by the Agency and communication received from citizens, is a publi