|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Kelley•Semmel LLP represents a diversity of clients in business disputes, real estate disputes and employment matters.|
Kelley•Semmel LLP represents a diversity of clients in business disputes, real estate disputes and employment matters. No matter the interest in dispute, our attorneys offer deep substantive knowledge of the law, attention to detail, personal attention and ethical advocacy. We investigate each matter thoroughly, consider the client's goals, and develop a legal strategy early in each case. We pride ourselves on achieving superior results in a cost effective manner.
Although our practice is based in Los Angeles, we handle matters throughout California, in state and federal court, mediations and arbitrations.
Employment: We offer expertise in a wide range of employment areas including: wrongful termination, age discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, sex or gender discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, disability discrimination, race discrimination, national origin discrimination, cancer and HIV/AIDS discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination, religious discrimination, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, overtime and other wage and hour matters, family and medical leave violations, and whistle blower claims.
Real Estate and Business Litigation. Our real estate practice encompasses all aspects of real estate disputes, including those arising from land sale and lease transactions, commission claims; commercial and industrial leases, joint ventures and partnerships, neighboring landowner issues and easements. Our business litigation practice includes all manner of disputes involving breach of contract; fraud and negligent misrepresentation; the operation, formation and sale of business entities (particularly law partnerships); trade secrets, unfair and anti-competitive business practices.
• $1.4 million settlement in age discrimination case by several hospitality industry employees
• Over $780,000 awarded after jury verdict in disability discrimination action by librarian who developed brain cancer, leaving her partially sighted
• $525,000 settlement in age and gender discrimination by female attorney against major consumer products company
• $245,000 settlement for employee fired after complaining about unsafe practices, environmental violations and unpaid overtime
• $200,000 settlement for hospitality employee fired because of her age and gender
• Successfully defended through jury trial manufacturing company against employee's claim for disability discrimination and invasion of privacy.
• Successfully defended employer/manufacturer through jury trial in action for wrongful termination and assault and battery
• Assisted actress to extricate herself from onerous exclusive services agreement under favorable financial terms
• $55,000 settlement for administrative employee for unpaid overtime and missed meal periods
• $180,000 settlement in pregnancy discrimination action by employee who was fired after announcing her pregnancy