We are an international development charity dedicated to supporting disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people in Nepal. www.kidasha.org
We work to enable socially and economically excluded children to fulfil their potential by improving their wellbeing, supporting their development and reducing the impact of discrimination and social injustice. Our vision is a world where all children have equality of opportunity.
Kidasha’s work is divided into two programme areas:
Enabling the wellbeing and development of children from conception to early childhood to increase the likelihood of them living in a secure family environment and progressing into fulltime education, focussing on:
• maternal, newborn and child health;
• nutrition, hygiene and sanitation awareness;
• early childhood development and education;
• and parenting capacity.
Enabling the reintegration and rehabilitation of older children and young people who have become (or are at risk of becoming) excluded from a secure family environment and/or full-time education, focusing on:
• support for children out of parental care;
• family, social and educational reintegration; protection from abuse and exploitation;
• and prevention of abuse, exploitation and family breakdown.