|About||Public Health Nursing is a service provided for everyone. Our goal is to provide optimum health among the residents of Kidder County.|
Kidder County District Health Unit has provided care to the citizens of Kidder County since 1983. Presently we provide the following services:
* MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH CARE - Nurses provide prenatal education and newborn home visits.
* CHILD WELLNESS - Physical assessment, developmental screenings, vision, height, weight, and urinalysis are available to all children.
* HEALTH TRACKS - Free Health screenings for children ages
0-21 years old on Medical Assistance.
* RIGHT TRACKS - Free year round home based services for income eligible expecting families and children birth - 3 yrs.
* IMMUNIZATIONS - Immunizations are available to insured and uninsured children through the age of 18 years old. Adult vaccines available include: Tdap, Influenza & Pneumovax
* SCHOOL NURSING - Preschool Screenings (3 to 5 years), health presentations, care plans for students with special medical needs, rapid inspection, health counseling, consultations for staff, students and families, and vision screening.
* KIDDER COUNTY TOBACCO PREVENTION - Information on tobacco prevention education and materials are available.
* CAR SEATS - Car seat inspections for anyone by appointment.
Car seats are available at a reduced cost based on eligibility.
* WIC (Women, Infants and Children) - The goal of WIC is to emphasize the relationship between proper nutrition and good health for women, infants, and children. Participants are: Pregnant and/or nursing women, infants up to 1 year of age, and children up to their fifth birthday.
* NURSING ASSESSMENTS - Cardiac and respiratory, ear, nose & throat, blood pressure, pulse oximetry (oxygen level).
* HEALTH CARE - Nursing services are tailored to individuals and families to promote, maintain, or restore health, and to minimize the effects of disability and illness.
* HEALTH MAINTENANCE - Medication set-up or administration, dressing change, personal care (bathing), catheter or ostomy care, hand, foot, & skin care, ear wash, diabetic screening