|About||The focus of Kreider Alliance is to advocate for the inclusion of persons with disabilities while educating the general public.|
Kreider Alliance, formerly the Arc of Lee County, was founded in 1952 by a group of parents who did not want to place their children in a state institution. Kreider Alliance is a sister organization of Kreider Services and whose focus is on efforts to increase public awareness and educational opportunities related to persons with disabilities.
Kreider Alliance is committed to:
- Educating the general public about intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Supporting Kreider Services in its mission, vision and values.
- Advocating for the inclusion of persons with disabilities.
- Providing support to people with disabilities, their parents and families in northern Illinois.
- Nurturing professionals in the field by offering scholarships to local college students studying in the field of human services and social services.
- Working with key stakeholders to protect rights and improve services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.