Langley Grammar School is a co-educational grammar school with academy status, located in Langley, Berkshire, England.AdmissionsIt has about 1,013 pupils of whom 261 are in the Sixth Form. It is situated just north of the A4 next to Kedermister Park. Cycle route 61 passes north-south next to the west side of the school.Langley Grammar School selects its incoming students on the basis of examined ability, at age 11 by NFER 11+ examination or for Sixth Form by performance at GCSE and interview. Mr John Constable is the current headteacher of the school. Around 70% of pupils come from outside of the LAA, with many from Hillingdon.HistoryThe school was founded in 1956 by Buckinghamshire County Council; Slough and Langley at that time being in Buckinghamshire. The founding Headmaster was Mr J. G. Day. Since 1 April 2011 the school has been an Academy Trust and a Charitable Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered number 7536795).In the early 1980s, there were plans to close the school to reduce Slough's grammar schools from 5 to 4. In the end, two single-sex grammar schools merged instead to form Upton Grammar School (now Upton Court Grammar School).FacilitiesLangley Grammar School has recently sold tracts of land at the end of the former school field to fund building and restoration works including, amongst others, a new teaching block of six classrooms, a sports hall, fitness suite, multi-purpose area, and astro-turf pitch. On September 11, 2006, the new Sports Hall was officially opened by the mayor of Slough. A new sixth form centre was completed in August 2007, which was opened on 28 September 2007 by Princess Anne.