|Work hours||Add information|
|About||Welcome to the official DCNR Facebook page for the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail!|
The Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail is a seventy-mile backpacking trail that runs along Laurel Ridge between Ohiopyle and Seward in southwestern Pennsylvania.
The trail is administered by Laurel Ridge State Park, part of the Laurel Hill State Park Complex, along with Laurel Hill and Kooser.
The trail has eight overnight areas, each with five Adirondack-style shelters and room for approximately thirty tents. There are multiple access points and trailheads, which allow you to hike as much or as little as you'd like. It's great for through-hiking the entire seventy miles as well as a short day hike, and everything in between.
Facebook Comment Policy:
We encourage the public to comment on this page and welcome all viewpoints. Comments should remain relevant to the topic at hand and participants must treat each other with respect.
We review the comments posted to our page on a regular basis and reserve the right to delete comments that contain the following:
• Profane and/or vulgar content;
• Sexually suggestive or harassing content;
• Obscene content;
• Nudity in a participant’s profile picture;
• Threats of physical or bodily harm;
• Defamatory statements;
• Disparaging language or hate speech targeting an individual’s race, color, religious creed, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, or disability;
• Commercial content promoting or soliciting service or products;
• Content promoting political organizations;
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks;
• Spam, such as the same comment posted repeatedly;
• Personally identifying, sensitive and/or private information;
• Language or content suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
• Information that could reasonably compromise public safety; and
• Other content that DCNR deems inappropriate.
We monitor this page but are not responsible for content generated by users. Comments and content posted on this page may be subject to public disclosur