|Work hours||Add information|
|About||LGC, Biosearch Technologies provide products and services for genomic analysis that support mission critical applications for agrigenomics and diagnostics.|
|Mission||To provide the integrated genomic tools and technologies that help our customers improve human health and sustain food supplies around the world. We collaborate with our customers so that they can apply cutting-edge technologies to achieve more than they thought possible.|
At LGC we offer a full range of high quality PCR reagents, custom genotyping assays, genomic services and workflow solutions for DNA sample preparation and downstream processing (www.lgcgroup.com/genomics).
Our proprietary KASP™ allelic discrimination chemistry and has optimised workflows for 1536 microtitre plates that enable assay miniaturization for more flexible, cost effective workflow solutions in high throughput genotyping. In addition, customers are offered industry leading proprietary nucleic acid extraction, sequencing and genotyping services from our laboratories in Europe and US.
Key applications include validation and screening of newly discovered SNPs in Marker-Assisted Selection and Marker-Assisted Breeding programmes for both plant and livestock. As such, the company is building a leading position in the agbio market and increasing adoption by the academic research market, with over 1700 scientific papers citing KASP.
We operate sales offices in the UK, Germany and the USA, with sales representatives throughout Europe and Australia as well as distributors in China, Korea and other key emerging territories.
|Founded||September 18, 1993|
• Genotyping services, assays and reagents
• DNA sequencing services including NextGen sequencing services on both the Roche 454 & Illumina HiSeq2000 platforms
• DNA and RNA extraction products and services
• DNA/RNA biobanking including, storage, retrieval and analysis services
• Reagents and consumables for molecular biology
• Pharmacogenetics and diagnostic services
• Laboratory instrumentation including plate sealers, liquid handling robots, high-throughput PCR thermocyclers, plate readers and a suite of laboratory automation instruments