|Work hours||Add information|
|About||We are here to promote liberty and be a grassroots organization that works to get people elected at the local and state levels.|
1. Uphold the Statement of Principles of the National Libertarian Party and the non-aggression principle as the philosophy upon which the Libertarian Party is founded, by which it shall be sustained, and through which liberty shall prevail
2. Promote and grow the membership and political influence of the Libertarian Party through electoral and educational activities, neither of which are placed in primacy over the other
3. Promote the election of Libertarian Party candidates and to move public policy in a libertarian direction
4. Promote the passage of ballot initiatives, ordinances, or other measures that respect the precepts of libertarianism
5. Oppose the passage of ballot initiatives, ordinances, or other measures that violate the precepts of libertarianism
6. To provide an environment in which members will be able to grow in their ability to understand, express, and lead others to libertarian ideals
7. To be a grassroots organization that promotes and supports libertarian candidates at local, state, and national levels
The LPGV Statement of Principles is the driving philosophy behind the political party. It is meant to restate the National and State Statement of Principles, not as a replacement.
We, the members of the Libertarian Party of Gallatin Valley, respect, support, and believe in individual rights, among them are life, liberty, and the pursuit of property. We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live however they choose as civil and economic liberty are fundamental to a free and prosperous society. Individuals must be free to believe, express, and practice in accordance with their own consciences so long as they do not interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.
As societies are comprised of individuals, governments exist for the sole purpose of safeguarding these rights. When government acts to damage the rights of the individual, it acts contrary to the purpose for which it was formed. We, as a political party, will vigorously campaign against unjust laws whilst respecting the rule of law as a basis for protection of personal rights. As libertarians, we are committed to bringing simplicity, transparency, and honesty to the governing bodies of Gallatin County and the State of Montana.