Lincoln Christ's Hospital School is a state secondary school with academy status located on Wragby Road in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England.The school was established in 1974, taking over the pupils and many of the staff of the ancient Lincoln Grammar School, Christ's Hospital Girls' High School (established in 1893), and two 20th-century secondary modern schools, St Giles's and Myle Cross.HistoryHospital schools date from the 13th century as boys' schools for parents who could not afford to pay school fees. They were also known as charity schools. The former Lincoln School may have dated from the 11th century, but it was re-founded as a charity school in the 17th century.The endowment for Christ's Hospital Girls' School was derived from the former Bluecoat School on Christ's Hospital Terrace, Lincoln which was closed in 1883. This school was originally established in 1614 in St. Mary's Guildhall, Lincoln before it was moved to Christ Hospital Terrace in 1623. in September 1893 Lincoln Christ's Hospital Girls' High School was started with Agnes Body as its headmistress.The Garton Archive, established by Professor Charles Garton, an Old Lincolnian, houses documents, records, photographs, and books detailing the history of the earlier schools.Grammar schoolsLCHS was formed from the merger of two single-sex grammar schools, both of which had some boarders (pupils who lived at the school during term-time). From 1906 the boys' school, Lincoln School (probably dating back to 1090), also known as Lincoln Grammar School, occupied a site on Wragby Road. The girls' school, Christ's Hospital Girls' High School, was founded in 1893 and was based at Greestone Place on Lindum Hill. Before 1944, children whose education was not funded by the foundation had to pay school fees.