|About||The Lincoln Learning Center is a preschool that strengthens self-direction and encourages exploration using the Montessori method.|
At the Lincoln Learning Center, we provide children a safe and secure learning environment that
strengthens self-direction and encourages exploration. Under the teaching philosophy pioneered by Maria Montessori, the Lincoln Learning Center offers students freedom within a structured setting and has the
largest preschool playground in Lincoln.
Following a fundamental principle of Montessori education that the most important years of a child’s
growth are the first six years of life, when unconscious learning is gradually brought to the conscious level, the Lincoln Learning Center curriculum is designed to harness a child’s innate desire to learn and student’s unique ability to develop their own capabilities.
It’s our mission to provide an integrated curriculum aimed at students’ social development and intellectual
growth, aimed at preparing a child for kindergarten. Through our program, each child is given the tools needed to encourage the growth of the whole child.
Goals of the Curriculum:
• To provide a positive sense of identity and emotional well-being
• To develop age-appropriate social, physical, language and literacy skills
• To encourage thinking, reasoning, questioning and experimentation
• To provide exposure to the arts and encourage creative expression
• To demonstrate proper health, safety and nutritional practices
• To respect gender, age and cultural diversity
In the Spring of 2009 we started an organic garden and in 2012 we added a greenhouse. The children
help start the seedlings for our Spring and Fall gardens and see it through to harvest time. They learn how to make healthful food choices, grow a love of nature, strengthen their social interactions, learn life skills
and so much more!