|Work hours||Add information|
|About||OUR VISION:The LLSC will work in collaboration with others to positively influence the ecological health and sustainability of Long Lake and its watershed.|
The LLSC will work in collaboration with others, as required, to positively influence the ecological health and sustainability of Long Lake and its watershed.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
1. Act as a voice for Long Lake to preserve and protect its water quality, ecosystem and natural habitat.
2. Encourage and promote cooperative stewardship.
3. Strive to educate the public that lake stewardship is a responsibility shared by all those whose actions have an impact on water quality.
4. Build and maintain partnerships and strategic alliances with the GSWA, WAP and other stakeholders.
5. Educate, promote and advocate for responsible and sustainable activities in the Long Lake Watershed.
Eurasian Water Milfoil Abatement and Weevil Program; Native Aquatic Plant Monitoring (2011 - 2014)
Supported introduction of City of Greater Sudbury's Phosphate Ban
Communication with Ministry of Northern Development & Mines re Gold Mine Reclamation Project (arsenic cleanup program at the west end of the lake)
Active participant within Greater Sudbury Watershed Alliance and the Water Advisory Panel
Lake Capacity Study completed 2015.
Involved in collaborative efforts for responsible and sustainable development.
Ongoing education on current and evolving issues concerning lake health.