|About||Making Strides Detroit is October 21st, 2017 in Downtown Detroit! Please visit www.MakingStridesWalk.org/DetroitMI to join TODAY!|
|Mission||The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.|
We encourage your participation on this page, but we want to ensure that everyone stays on topic. You should know that all comments are moderated by ACS staff. We expect all comments to be respectful and don't tolerate inappropriate content. Posted comments and images are not intended as medical advice and do not necessarily represent the views of the American Cancer Society. External, non-ACS links on this site do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the ACS. ACS may not agree with or endorse comments that individuals post on our pages. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to this page.
However, a comment will be deleted if it contains:
• Hate speech
• Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
• Defamation to a person or people
• Name calling and/or personal attacks
• Marketing copy that promotes services or products
• Comments that include links to URLs or email addresses
• Comments that infringe on copyrights
• Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
• Other comments that ACS team deems inappropriate
Repeated violations of the ACS Facebook comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from commenting.